Issues we handle
Security Clearance Lawyers
A security clearance is a requirement to access sensitive or classified federal government information. The process of obtaining, retaining, or upgrading a security clearance has progressively become more difficult over the years. Our lawyers understand how the government reviews security clearance cases for individuals that need them.
Our attorneys represent federal employees, federal contractors, military personnel, and private sector employees nationwide and abroad in all stages of the security clearance process:
- Guidance and counseling in completing security clearance forms (e.g., e-QIP, SF-85P, SF-86)
- Preparation for investigative interviews
- Representation during the polygraph process
- Response to Statement of Reasons, Notices of Intent to Deny or Revoke a Clearance, and Interrogatories
- Representation in security clearance hearings before federal government agencies (e.g., DOHA, DOE, DHS, DOJ, Intelligence Community)
- Appeals of adverse security clearance proceedings
- Request for security clearance reconsideration
We also teach other attorneys during Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses about the unique aspects of security clearance law and belong to the Security Clearance Lawyers Association.
Please contact Berry & Berry, PLLC to schedule a consultation with a security clearance attorney if you are submitting an initial security clearance application (SF-86), undergoing a background investigation, or having your security clearance denied or revoked.
Some helpful articles on our website discuss various issues within the security clearance process:
Also, please visit our Security Clearance Lawyers Blog where we discuss current security clearance issues.