Business and Entity
Small Business Development
As business owners ourselves, our firm understands the legal needs for all types of businesses. Our firm also understands the objectives of businesses and other organizations and seeks to customize our legal services to the particular needs of the entity. We do our best to work with your business and provide solid legal advice and representation in our business relationship.
Types of Companies and Organizations We Represent
Berry & Berry, PLLC represents many types of business entities, individuals, and independent contractors, including sole proprietorships, non-profits, partnerships, limited liability corporations (LLC), small businesses, consultants and others. Our business law representation extends across a wide range of industries, including public relations, retail, restaurant, private education, interior design, entertainment, construction, medical and dental. Our firm’s partners have represented a number of non-profit based organizations, from environmental organizations to labor-based group, among others.
Legal Services Provided for Businesses and Organizations
Berry & Berry, PLLC provides business owners, non-profit entities, labor organizations and entrepreneurs in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area with legal advice and representation on various areas of business law, including:
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Joint-Venture and Other Operating Agreements
- Commercial Leases
- Human Resources (HR) Advice and Representation
- Physician Contract Review
- Defenses for Equal Employment Opportunity Claims
- Wage/Hour Defense, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Unemployment Compensation Case Representation for Businesses
- Employment Contracts and Vendor Agreements
- Employment Policies and Manuals
- Confidentiality & Non-disclosure Agreements
- Workers' Compensation Case Representation for Businesses/Organizations
- Unfair Competition Issues
- Purchase & Sale Agreements
- Contract Disputes and Partnership Disputes
- Civil Litigation of Business Matters
Berry & Berry, PLLC offers a wide range of business legal and consulting services to small businesses throughout the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area (Virginia, District of Columbia, and Maryland). From addressing important employment issues to representing clients in contract disputes, we are experienced and dedicated to helping small businesses face difficult challenges, avoid or minimize their operating risks, and achieve their business goals. For assistance with contracts, business documents, or protecting your commercial interests, our attorneys are ready to provide the legal advice and representation you need. Please contact our firm to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss your individual business law matters.